2017 CALL TO ARTISTS
Submission Deadline: March 31st, 2017
Artist List Announcement and Email Notifications: +/- April 10th
Drop Off: May 9th – 11th. Times TBA.
Opening: May 13th, Second Saturday, Creative Soul Studios
Gallery Director of ARTicles Gallery and Custom Framing & Leslie Curran Gallery
Fine Art Photographer
Curator and Manager of Studio@620
Multi Media Artist
Wildlife & Nature Fine Art Photographer
Juror’s Choice presented by Robin Dana
Juror’s Choice presented by Kenny Jensen
Juror’s Choice presented by Zora Carrier
Wildlife & Nature Award presented by Richard Auger
Director’s Choice presented by Xina Scuderi
People’s Choice Award – voted by guests
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Camera Repair Sponsor
Art Center Sponsor
1. ***Originality. Images must be 100% by the artist. If at any time an element of unoriginal photography is discovered – the artist is automatically disqualified.
2. Theme. There is no theme. The theme of this show is PHOTOGRAPHY. We accept all genres of photography, in any subject.
3. Final Selection. Images selected are the final decision. Files & Film will not accept other art at drop off.
4. Size. No photograph will be exhibited under 8 inches on the short – unless it is a one of a kind original print or element of a one of a kind artwork. We are excited to accept oversized (over 40 inches on the long) artwork for the first time in 2017 with Creative Soul Studios. If your oversized art is not made yet and you are flexible on your size please note that in the size of your submission. Oversized art space is limited. Oversized art must follow the same quality guidelines.
5. Quality. Pieces must be ready to hang at drop off. Art work must be WIRED. No loose prints. No mounted to foam core or pvc. No giclee canvases UNLESS it is an element of a mixed media artwork. No cheap plastic frames. ALL artwork must be professionally presented. Files & Film reserves the right to deny artwork that does not follow these guidelines. Final presentation is very important to us, and may make or break an award.
6. Range of mediums. Mixed Media is accepted. Unique innovative ways to produce artwork using photography is encouraged. Other medium artists using photography as an element are welcome. Motion photography, 3D and/or ‘new media is encouraged. Projector, display monitor or tablet must be provided.
7. Date created. Please no images created prior to January 1, 2015. We are excited to have an exhibition representing the NEW or RECENT work of artists and photographers in the area. Please do not re-submit images from previous submissions to Files & Film.
8. Collaborations. Photographer PARTNERS only – limit to 2 artist collab. No photographer x non-photo medium artist mixed media collabs. Contact email@example.com for collab approval. Files & Film does not divide prizes for collabs. This is up to the winners.
9. FOR SALE. All artwork exhibited must be for sale. Commission is 40%.
HOW TO SUBMIT
*****Please read this call completely including all of the guidelines before submitting.
1. MAKE SUBMISSION PAYMENT
Artists cannot be included in juror package until payment is made. Payment is non-refundable.
Limit to 2 submissions = 10 total limit per person for $50.
2. SEND YOUR SUBMISSION
Full size files are not necessary here. Please format your files no greater than 2000 on the long side and 300 dpi. No watermarks.
File naming format:
Last name_ First name_ # of submission_title .jpg
Send Submissions to:
Please attach your files, and provide the following info as complete as possible in the body of your email.
-CITY YOU ARE FROM
all phone images must be described as a phone image
nikon d7000 macro
canon 5d mark iii
1 to 1 real time scanner
Digital with underwater housing
digital transfer on wood
digital to mixed media
Expired Polaroid – original
120 BW film to silver gelatin
digital to cyanotype
Please no images created prior to January 1, 2015.
Do you know what size you will print?
Is your piece already made in a specific size?
Are you flexible on your size? No greater than?
*We are no longer accepting digital prints under 8 inches on the short.
-EXECUTION PLAN (if known)
this image will be displayed in a found window frame
i will provide the tablet to play a looped video
not yet decided
collage on skateboard
video projection on wall, projector provided
video played on 3d glasses, space needed for a chair
-FOR MOTION PHOTOGRAPHY ONLY
Please send a link to a YOUTUBE video
For your convenience here is a Submission Template:
Submission # – Title:
Finalized submission info example:
(emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. White Anenome
Nikon D7000 – Macro
30 x 45 resin panel
35 mm BW – self processed to digital
unknown size – flexible
around 16 x 24
matted and framed
3. Brain Coral
underwater macro digital
oversized – 45 x 60 inches long – flexible